5* Award Winning Home & Contents Insurance

Home insurance

Protecting your Home & Your Belongings

Here at The Mortgage Advice Center, we understand the significance of finding the right home & contents insurance coverage to safeguard your property against unexpected perils. As an independent provider, we have the freedom to explore a wide range of options from various insurance companies, ensuring that we can tailor a homes & contents insurance policy that meets your unique needs. With our expertise and dedication to personalised service, you can trust us to guide you through the intricacies of insurance, helping you secure comprehensive coverage that brings you peace of mind and protects the place you call home.

Why Choose Home & Contents Insurance?

Whether you own a house, apartment, or rent, homes and contents insurance is an essential investment for anyone seeking financial protection and peace of mind. Regardless of your living situation, unexpected events such as fires, natural disasters, theft, or accidents can cause significant damage to your home and belongings. Homes and contents insurance is designed to safeguard your property and possessions, ensuring that you can recover and rebuild in the face of adversity. No matter the size or value of your assets, whether you’re a homeowner or a tenant, investing in homes and contents insurance is a smart choice to protect your hard-earned investments and preserve your sense of security.

Contents insurance
Sitting room with orange couch.

Do I Need Both Homes & Contents Insurance?

Home insurance and contents insurance are two separate types of insurance coverage that protect different aspects of your property. Home insurance primarily covers the structure of your home, while contents insurance focuses on protecting your personal belongings inside the home.

Home insurance, also known as buildings insurance, provides coverage for the physical structure of your property. It typically includes protection against risks such as fire, lightning, storms, vandalism, and other specified perils. This type of insurance covers the building itself, including the walls, roof, floors, windows, and permanent fixtures. In the event of damage or destruction caused by covered incidents, home insurance helps cover the cost of repairs or rebuilding your property. It may also include liability coverage, protecting you if someone gets injured on your property and you are found legally responsible.

What is Contents Insurance?

Contents insurance, on the other hand, focuses on protecting your personal possessions inside the property. It covers the items you own, such as furniture, electronics, appliances, clothing, jewellery, and other valuables. Contents insurance provides coverage against risks such as theft, damage due to fire, floods, or other covered events. If your belongings are damaged, destroyed, or stolen, contents insurance helps reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing those items. It’s important to accurately assess the value of your possessions to ensure you have adequate coverage.

Sitting room


Happy Customers


Clients helped in 2022


Mortgage products available

2 million

Property purchases

15 Years

Advising on mortgage